Sometimes you just want something sweet, but quick and to the point…and these fresas con crema are on point!😁. You have to try this recipe this strawberry season! It is simply delicious!
What Goes In Fresas Con Crema?
- Strawberries! The star of the show is of course strawberries, you will need 1 pound.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk. This will give it just the right amount of sweetness. No need to use sugar.
- Evaporated Milk to thin out the cream mixture. You could use regular milk instead if you prefer.
- Sour Cream is traditionally the “créma” in the desert and it gives a good contrast to the sweetened milk. Greek or plain yogurt can be used instead.
- Heavy Whipping Cream is an extra ingredient some people like to add because when it is whipped, it makes the cream mixture light and sort of fluffy. Yumm!
- Vanilla. Can’t forget the vanilla! This extract will add flavor to the cream mixture.
How To Make Fresas Con Crema
Wash strawberries really well and remove the stem and leaves. Dice the strawberries or slice them if you prefer. Transfer them to a mixing bowl.
Pour the rest of the ingredients into a blender along with ¼ cup of the diced strawberries. Blend for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and fluffy.
Pour the cream mixture over the strawberries and stir to combine.
Serve and enjoy!
- Wash strawberries really well! I know it seems like an obvious thing to point out, but I cannot stress this enough! Soak them in a produce cleaning solution or a mixture of salt and water, for just a couple of minutes, then rinse them off really well.
- This dessert should be enjoyed right away, but if you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container and refrigerate them for 1-2 days. Strawberries and milk will begin to separate, just give it a stir and it will be fine.
- You could also turn this dessert into Paletas ( popsicles ). Simply pour into molds and freeze until set.
P.S. If you don’t know what to do with the leftover milks, try my Arroz con Leche or Horchata drink 🙂
Till the next one,
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating and leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Snap a picture of the recipe you made and tag me @mariasblisscorner with the hashtag #mariasblisscorner. Thank you!
Fresas Con Crema
- 1 lb strawberries
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Wash strawberries really well and remove the stem and leaves. Dice the strawberries or slice them if you prefer. Treansfer them to a mixing bowl.
- Pour the rest of the ingredients into a blender along with ¼ cup of the diced strawberries. Blend for 1-2 minutes or until smootheand fluffy.
- Pour the cream mixture over the strawberries and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply