From the grilled corn to the chipotle dressing, this Mexican salad is packed with flavor! It’s the perfect side to any meal. Super easy and comes together in a snap!
Sweet Chipotle Dressing
Chipotle peppers add a nice kick but are toned down with sour cream, honey, and garlic. It’s an easy dressing to make. Literally just toss the sour cream, mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, garlic, honey, lime juice, onion powder, and salt into a blender and give it a good whizz until completely combined.
Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to make it the consistency you like. Then chill it in the refrigerator, while you prep the veggies for the salad.
How To Make Mexican Salad
I kept the Ingredient list simple, but going the extra step ( such as grilling the corn ), can elevate the final outcome. Substitute canned or frozen corn if you prefer not to grill the corn. Just make sure to cook it and cool it before adding it to the bowl.
Take 2 lettuce heart bunches and give them a rough chop. Rinse it well and let it drain. In the meantime, chop the cucumber and tomatoes.
I love the sweet vine tomatoes, they add to the sweetness of the salad and are a good contrast for the green lettuce and cucumber. Chop them up into half or quarter pieces.
English cucumbers are my favorite to use for salads because they hold up well and have a sweet mild flavor, compared to other varieties that may be bitter. Slice these into half circles.
Finally combine the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and corn in a large mixing bowl or salad bowl. Toss together with 1 Tbsp of lime juice ( about half of a lime ) and salt to taste.
Serve salad in bowls and drizzle with sweet chipotle dressing. Enjoy!
- If you prefer a mild dressing, use half of the chipotle pepper. On the other hand, if you like more heat, use 2 chipotle peppers.
- To wash the lettuce without bruising it, add it to a bowl of water and gently move it around. Then use a collander to drain the water. Give it a final rinse under a low pressure stream of water. Set aside to drain.
- You may prep this salad ahead of time. Store each ingredient in seperate containers or plastic bags. Use within 2-3 days. The chipotle dressing will hold up for about 1 week.
Try serving this salad alongside your favorite meals, or add protein to make it a complete meal.😉
Till the next one,
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating and leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Snap a picture of the recipe you made and tag me @mariasblisscorner with the hashtag #mariasblisscorner. Thank you!
Mexican Salad With Sweet Chipotle Dressing
- 2 Romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 English cucumber
- 12 sweet vine tomatoes
- 3 ears of corn
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
Sweet Chipotle Dressing
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 lime
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt + more to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- Add sour cream, mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, garlic, honey, lime juice, onion powder, and salt to a blender and blend until creamy. Add 1-2 Tbsp of water to achieve the consistency you like.
- Transfer to an airtight container and chill in the refrigerator while you prep the salad.
- Clean the corn and grill for 10 minutes or until done, turning every so often. Once it's done remove it from the grill and place it on a plate. Set aside to cool down.
- Chop the lettuce into bite-size pieces and wash well. Place into a colander to drain.
- Chop the tomatoes into quarters, and slice the cucumber into half circles.
- Once the corn is cool to the touch, slice the kernels off of the cob.
- Add the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and corn to a large bowl. Toss together with lime juice and salt.
- Serve salad and drizzle with chipotle dressing.
Leave a Reply